Seat repair

/ Seat repair #1  

Baub

Tractor
NH TC21D JD425
I have a 10 year old New Holland. Two cracks are starting at the inside corners of the seat. I know, down the road, a new seat will be needed. However, has any one found a cheap/easy repair?
smellie_wink.gif

/ Seat repair #2  
All I know is don't use duck tape. I thought I could get by for a season, but sadly, no. The backing wore off quickly, the glue will ball up and stick to the seat of your pants, and smear all over the couch cushions, and you can be sure the wife will be the first to notice. Good luck to ya!

/ Seat repair #3  
Cheap and easy, but not repair.

/ Seat repair #4  
If you don't mind the colour (JD yellow), look at the JD seat covers that come with three pockets in the rear. Won't "fix" the problem but they will let you forget about it for a few years and they don't get hot in the sun or cold in the frost.

/ Seat repair #5  
   / Seat repair #6  
"Household Goop" (also sold as "Amazing Goop" or "Shoe Goop") seems to stick to vinyl seats pretty well. I have never used it on a tractor, but have used it on an ATV seat that I ran a large stick through. The repair has lasted several years and the goop repair is nearly as flexible as the original seat vinyl.

Goop is available anywhere. If you do not like the looks then covers like mentioned by other posters would be a way to hide the repair.

/ Seat repair
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like a goop repair, and then a cover is the answer.

/ Seat repair #8  
"Household Goop" (also sold as "Amazing Goop" or "Shoe Goop") seems to stick to vinyl seats pretty well. I have never used it on a tractor, but have used it on an ATV seat that I ran a large stick through. The repair has lasted several years and the goop repair is nearly as flexible as the original seat vinyl.

Goop is available anywhere. If you do not like the looks then covers like mentioned by other posters would be a way to hide the repair.

Good advice.
I've repaired a lot of things with that stuff, including tennis shoes and work boots.

/ Seat repair #9  
Someone, I think jinman, recommended this cover (or one similar): Amazon.com: Classic Accessories 12324 Deluxe Tractor Seat Cover, Medium, Black: Home & Garden.

Steve

Yep Steve, and after two years it is still holding up nicely. My back and butt don't sweat as much with this seat cover either. I wish I had bought this when the tractor was new and I'd not have a seat ruined by the sun. I may buy another one soon just to have a spare.:)

EDIT: I just noticed it has free shipping for sales over $25. Heck, I may just order two for $38 total and let Amazon pay the shipping.:thumbsup: