Seat Safety Corrosion... Need Ideas.

/ Seat Safety Corrosion... Need Ideas. #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
I have a Toro riding lawn mower that the seat safety switch keeps corroding and I have to re-polish the metal to get good contact again. The mechanism is a spring steel band that makes contact with the seat pan when weight is applied. The band is fine (must be stainless), but the seat pan corrodes so that there's no good connection. If I buff the seat pan a little I get good contact, but it corrodes again pretty quickly.

Any suggestions for ways to fix this so that it doesn't corrode?

/ Seat Safety Corrosion... Need Ideas. #2  
San-Chem makes a grease called No-Ox-Ide I use it on any battery terminal or electrical terminal (low voltage) that is subject to corrosion. You might check for it on the internet. But if you cannot find that I would think some silicone grease might work. Just a thin film, might need to wipe it off and re-apply if it gets dirt in it.

James K0UA

/ Seat Safety Corrosion... Need Ideas. #3  
Buff it clean, then put a dab of silver or copper anti-seize on the place where it rubs. Keeps the air off and conducts electricity.

Me, I'd just bypass it. I hate those seat interlocks b/c you can't let the motor run without being in the seat which makes working on them a pain sometimes.

/ Seat Safety Corrosion... Need Ideas.
Buff it clean, then put a dab of silver or copper anti-seize on the place where it rubs. Keeps the air off and conducts electricity.

Me, I'd just bypass it. I hate those seat interlocks b/c you can't let the motor run without being in the seat which makes working on them a pain sometimes.

I would bypass it, but I have the kids drive it occasionally. The antiseize idea sounds like a good one.