Sediment bowl leaking

/ Sediment bowl leaking #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
I'm trying to learn how to maintain my tractor better.

I probably haven't done a great job up until now.

I believe I was supposed to shut off the fuel when I was done for the day with this tractor.
I never did and now the sediment bowl is leaking.
I'm assuming that maybe I can make a gasket if one is not available but will I have to bleed the fuel system?
Now that I've shut the fuel off the bowl is no longer leaking.

It's an early 80 B6100E

Attachments

• IMG_20190528_054510.jpg
    IMG_20190528_054510.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20190528_054827.jpg
    IMG_20190528_054827.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 126
   / Sediment bowl leaking #2  
Either your sediment bowl isn't seated properly or you need a new gasket. You shouldn't have to shut off the fuel at the end of the day. Some sediment bowls have an "O" ring rather than a conventional gasket.

/ Sediment bowl leaking #3  
Why is it a Kubota parts guy will sell you a fuel filter and not ask you if you'd like the orings that should be replaced with it?????

/ Sediment bowl leaking #4  
I just went through this with my New Holland tractor last week. Mine was leaking from a crack in the glass bowl. I have no idea why it cracked, but found a new one on Amazon for half of what the dealer wanted for it. Unfortunately it didn't come with new gaskets, so when I installed it with the old gaskets, it leaked. I found the best prices for gaskets at https://www.messicks.com/ and they arrived last week. I ran the tractor for about 6 hours on Saturday and it's all good now. What amazed me is that my dealer told me that they no longer carried the gaskets for my tractor. It's 21 years old and I guess that's gonna be a problem for me down the road.

/ Sediment bowl leaking #5  
In my experience, the little "O" rings last a long time; but I keep some spares anyway.

/ Sediment bowl leaking #6  
I take my bowl off every year to clean it and always reused the gaskets without any issue. It surprised me that after replacing the bowl that it leaked. It has three gaskets, so I replaced all of them.