Seeing attached pics ?

/ Seeing attached pics ? #1  

NIXON

Veteran Member
Tractor
L3130 hst
Sometimes I can view a posters attached pictures other times I can't . When I can't I get the little box in the top LH corner with a red X . Is there someting I can set on my pc to eliminate this ??? John

/ Seeing attached pics ? #2  
The little red X means that the link is invalid; so no one will be able to view those attachments.

/ Seeing attached pics ? #3  
Hey Dave, why do some pics show up under the text and others you have to open attachment?

/ Seeing attached pics ? #4  
Not sure what you mean by under the text, but let me try and answer.

You can of course attach an image, which shows the Attachment link for you to click on.

Then there are some of us that already have photos stored on some other webserver, so you can just create a link to it using the URL tag.

Then you can also display the photo INSIDE the post using the Image tag:

medium.jpg

I've got my fingers crossed - Keely Brooke Hoffmann

I hope this answers your question. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 416635-2004-04-066a.jpg
    416635-2004-04-066a.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 86
   / Seeing attached pics ?
Dave .
Thanks . But then why do some folks comment on the attachments (pics ) ? Is this the new internet version of the Emporers new clothes ? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ Seeing attached pics ? #6  
It could be that the attachment has been removed -- hence the comments came before it was removed -- or the webserver may be down and can't display the image.

You can try to right click on the X and select "Show Picture" and it will try again to display the picture.