Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #11  
I know they can get it if they want it. I try to keep game cameras on everything now as I'm away a lot. Some obvious and a bunch that are hidden.

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #12  
Yup the best thing ever invented for thieves is the 20v cordless angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment
We have everything covered by insurance, including for theft. One concern is that if we have a major theft and file a large insurance claim, the claim will be paid but it might be impossible or at least very expensive to get insurance after that first claim.

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #14  
For anti-theft type GPS device for vehicle, TKSTAR is a very cheap option, requiring only a subscription fee of $5 per month. Of course, the more expensive LandAirSea 54 also has a reason to recommend it, it supports 4G network, positioning is more accurate and so on.

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #15  
Not sure where it was stolen from, but I think my driveway gate is my #1 security feature. Keeps people out and gives the impression of security to outsiders. Also makes it just a bit harder to get to the goods.

You think your driveway gate was stolen???

Someone pulling a few gates drove up to my brother while he was out on the farm. My brother bought several used steel gates for $15.00 each. To this day, I'm not sure those gates were legit.

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #16  
We are in the process of buying super-hardened chain and locks that pretty much can't be cut with bolt cutters.

I have yet to see a padlock that doesnt open with a few good well placed whacks of a 5 lb sledge hammer. Point is that a determined thief is going to steal anything if they really want it.

Make sure you have good enough insurance coverage and buy yourself a security camera system if that makes you feel better. Then you can watch grainy videos of the thieves taking your stuff. Get a police report and call the insurance...enjoy the full insurance company experience as they try and rob/bugger your further.

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #17  
Due to a recent theft of our 18' equipment trailer, we are trying to improve our anti-theft security. I am aware of the general consensus that you can't prevent theft by professional thieves, that if someone really wants your equipment they can and will get it, etc. Still, we're going to upgrade our security. I am particularly interested if anyone has any experience with or a reference to practical GPS-type equipment that would alert you to your tractor being moved when it isn't supposed to be, would allow you to tract the location of stolen equipment, etc. Any other good ideas about either deterrence of theft or detection of the thieves would be welcome. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Keep it simple , please !
Use the old fashioned LoJack and let the Police sort it out; thatç—´ why you pay your taxes for.
ANY GPS unit can simply be disabled - but a LoJack is hidden somewhere inside the machine.
ANY GPS unit is plugged in, into the test port underneath the dash, or very close to the board computer. It is surprisingly easy to pull the plug or cut the power wire 😎
Bad boys reading this will exactly know which wire that is ⁉️
A LoJack unit is hidden somewhere inside the machine and once stolen you simply call the Police, they use the VIN number and that goes into the National Crime Computer and that automatically activated the battery powered LoJack unit in your machine and starts to give a signal.
That signal will be picked up by the nearest Police car with a LoJack radar 😆.
35% of the recoveries are done while the machine is in a shop while being dismantled or whatever.
60% will be recovered while someone else is ç*¥sing it on a job site or farmers field.
5% will be caught while 妬n transport
100% of the excuses of these operators is I just bought it yesterday .......
Let the Police take care of retrieving your stolen property !
⚠️⚠️ DO NOT make an attempt to go after these crooks yourself ⚠️⚠️
If theyæ±*e bad enough to steal, they more than likely have a 9mm aimed at you when you touch é��heir machine ⚠️⚠️
Please call LoJack and have a unit installed 😃

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #18  
just get an inland marine policy and let the ins co handle it, two guys from wi just tried to retrieve $$ for cattle sold here and guy didnt pay them, they drove here and wound up in a feed grinder spit out all over a couple fields - dont try to do something these days w/out the law involved - a very sad situation around here for those families involved

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #19  
There are plenty of GPS devices that aren't obdII plugs. I have a few hard wired units and they work well. All have switched power and constant power and with the web interfaces you can set geo-fences to alert movement in or out and start as well.

All these devices will use a little power so you'll need to use a solar panel of some type to keep your battery from dying over a few weeks. A 5 watt will work.

When I put my key in the kioti I immediately get a text for tractor ignition is on/off and if it's moved it will alert me as well plus has history.

I use GPS on all vehicles to keep track of elderly parents and my cars. They are obdII but there are splitter plugs that keep your original socket and give you a pigtail for hidden tracker unit.

I also have a battery powered GPS inside a magnetic waterproof case made by AMERICALOC. It lasts about 2 weeks and you can pop it on or off a frame rail in a second and nobody will know but it needs to be charged or plugged in.

I have Spectrum tracker, and Accutracking, and Trackmate GPS devices.

They're all China made and use web interfaces. They work with your phone or computer. I like the Accutracking the best but wanted to test them all.

You pay monthly and most units you pay according to the frequency of reports you want starting at 9.95 per mo for 90 second updates. If you want more accuracy it costs more (except the battery powered Americaloc you can select any frequency but more updates means more battery power).

Make sure to get the newest as 3g will not work in most areas anymore. 4g 2019 units are required. They all come with sim cards built in and are basically cellular units that send out the signal to a server and you are paying for the intermediary service.

After my side by side was stolen I said never again would I have equipment not locate-able as well as the last time my father disappeared (his phone was turned down) and we couldn't find him for two hours.

The obdII units are cool because they use more vehicle data like rpm, temp, and g-sensor so you can get notifications for hard turns and fast speed or overheat. Not sure how a tractor obdII would work, though. They also have batteries in them so if they're unplugged you'll get an instant notification and location report as well.

The hardwire units are usually waterproof and meant to be installed permanently in the vehicle.

Some even have fleet units that have extra wiring like the Trackmate. It has pto activation and some have relays for some type of cutoff or maybe even a siren or strobe notifier on the vehicle.

For the price there's no reason not to have one.

/ Seeking advice about GPS type tracking of stolen equipment #20  
Good insurance policy. Long driveway. Driveway is the ONLY way in/out of the property. Two gates to open. 38 years - no problems.

Maybe just lucky. However there are other backup methods available on an instants notice.