Septic woes

/ Septic woes #11  
Dan, you remind of an incident several years ago when we lived in town and a friend and neighbor across the alley came over and borrowed my portable air compressor one evening to air up his kids' bicycle tires, then returned it. The next day they went on vacation for a week, then a week or so after they got back, she went out in the garage to get something out of the freezer. He had unplugged it to plug in the air compressor at that outlet and forgot to plug it back in. She called him at work to come home and help. He came home, opened the freezer, ran out in the alley and puked, and she had to clean it out herself. They set the freezer out in the driveway for a couple of weeks and tried everything from lemon juice to vinegar to charcoal to get rid of the odor, and finally called someone to haul the freezer off to the landfill./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Septic woes #12  
Ok dmcarty, now I have to ask, what does the :cool: stand for?

/ Septic woes #13  
:cool: is an emoticon. In this case it is a smiley face wearing glasses. :) is a smiley face without glasses. :cool:

8-; is a face sticking its tongue out.

8-( is a frown. :-( for those with good eyes.

There are dozens of emoticons but these are the main ones I use.

I'm afraid my fingers are too trained to :cool: than type in the html to get /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Plus it less characters to type. :cool: aka /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Hope this helps... :cool: /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Dan

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by dmccarty on 02/13/01 09:54 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Septic woes #14  
Re:freezer failure

in one of my former lives i sold appliaces, never saw a freezer you could get the smell out of after that spoiled food catastrophe, best thing just send the freezer to the dump, food and all. what unique smell they seem to have which takes on a life of its own.

now i work in an operating room, som unusual oders there too, we use vicks in our masks to help with the real bad ones also.

alex

/ Septic woes
Re:Vicks in the nose

Vicks works really well except in cold weather. Using it below ten degrees gives me the mother of all frontal headaches!. And I'm not sure why I can still smell sewage in cold weather. It seems like my nose is immune to all scents save that one when it gets much below freezing.

Pete

/ Septic woes #16  
Re:freezer failure

I had the cord go bad on my freezer a few years ago. It was off for at least a week in the summer. We emptied it and filled it with water and bleach and let it set for a couple of days. It worked just fine and we still have the freezer. No smell. That's the same thing it do for my coolers that I put fish in.

Jerry

/ Septic woes
It happened again!

This time I gave up and called Roto-Rooter. Took an hour, but it pulverized all the crud in the pipe. Now I've got to pump the tank dry to get all that pipe crud out.

Cost me $135 and worth EVERY CENT!!!

Pete

/ Septic woes #18  
Re: It happened again!

Kinda strange how events like this seem to only happen in the dead of winter instead of the summer months.

To get a septic pump around these parts cost $250.oo,and like you said Pete "worth every cent"

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Septic woes #19  
Re: It happened again!

Pete, That price even with a pump out /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif will not get anywhere near to a Backhoe price./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif