Setting up gasoline storage tank(s)

/ Setting up gasoline storage tank(s)
Just to let you know what kind of landlord I'm dealing with...

The other day she came in and saw my shelf with about 50 gallons of oil in quart bottles...and said "Gee...you must work on cars or something!".

The usage for the building I have listed on my lease is for automotive work and storage. More obvious than the shelf full of oil are the vehicles being worked on all over the place, inside and out.

What she thinks I've been doing all this time in the former auto body shop I pay for I have no idea...*sigh*

While she was there I had the door to my three phase electrical panel off, because I was working on the breakers, which I think would send most landlords through the roof. She didn't notice, nor would she care it I pointed it out...

/ Setting up gasoline storage tank(s) #42  
While she was there I had the door to my three phase electrical panel off, because I was working on the breakers, which I think would send most landlords through the roof. She didn't notice, nor would she care it I pointed it out...

Maybe she would have noticed if she pointed at a breaker and got an arc-flash from a 480vac line. :D

/ Setting up gasoline storage tank(s) #43  
If the word "release" does not send shivers down your spine, then you do not have a full appreciation of the risk of storing motor fuel in above-ground storage tanks. The MO. state Department of Natural Resources exemptions apply to:

(B) Farm or residential tanks, regardless of
size, used for storing motor fuel for noncommercial
purposes;

If your intended use is commercial, you will first have to identify all the different state and federal agencies that have regulations pertaining to above-ground storage tanks, and follow their regs relative to registration and reporting. In this day and age of agencies having budget shortfalls, they love that fine money.

Good luck with that.