Shed Roof Question

/ Shed Roof Question
Well when I use term gable its the "end" side of your lean too I am referring as opposed to eave which you have said is ventilated. How do you think the heat is escaping thru the existing insulation

Venting the ends would not work or be possible due to the direction of the rafters.....

I am not sure it is so much that the heat is escaping, but that the roof is getting warm due to improper ventilation.

/ Shed Roof Question
OK, how about putting another section of the spacers along the garage wall, so the other end of the rafter space opens down. Make a chase along the bottom of the rafters along the wall to tie all these rafter space ends together, and insulate it from the open area. Have a vent at each end of chase out through the end sheathing. It likely wouldn't thermosiphon like it would if the openings were higher, but it might allow wind/breeze to help pump air in/out of the space? This is assuming that the lean-to side of the garage wall isn't already full of shelving etc. that would be in the way.

This is an interesting idea. I suspect that I would not be able to do it as the heat ducts pass through the wall up high, there is shelving and stuff in the way, and the furnace itself may be in the way. But I am going to look at it, this might be the best approach to proper venting.

Please keep the replies coming!