shield for rear window

/ shield for rear window #1  

johnvickl

Bronze Member
Kubota cab was mowing with 15' batwing rock shattered both windows. 500.00 hickey, Amy ideas for s shield that will look good and work thanks john

/ shield for rear window #2  
Kubota cab was mowing with 15' batwing rock shattered both windows. 500.00 hickey, Amy ideas for s shield that will look good and work thanks john

The only thing I can think of is the chain type guards on the front of your cutter.

And since you are fairly new, I will say that you really dont need to post the exact same question in multiple forums. It gets on the nerves of some of the more seasoned veterans here. All you need to do is post it once. Most of us use the "todays posts", or "since my last visit" features. This displays all the new threads no matter what forum you post it in, so all we see is two Identical posts back to back.

So........post often, ask many questions, and read a lot. Welcome to TBN

/ shield for rear window
Thanks I have chains on mower, I thought they should be different areas, thanks again

/ shield for rear window #4  
I would build a headache rack with expanded metal. Mig weld everything so it would look nice and paint same as tractor.

/ shield for rear window
johnvickl said:
Thanks I have chains on mower, I thought they should be different areas, thanks again

Thanks for your help

/ shield for rear window #6  
I have an open cab, non-ROPS tractor.

I'm considering buying a ROPS and then getting a sheet of diamond-mesh sheet metal, cutting it to the shape of the ROPS and then using square U-bolts to 4 point hold it there.

This would give me the flexibility of being able to see behind me and the confidence that I have some protection between me and whatever decides to fling in my direction.

If there are no after-market or kubota provided options, you might want to consider it. It will probably cost you a decent amount, but from what I have
read, it's not uncommon for brush cutters to throw stuff at the tractor.