Shifter gets stuck in various gears

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears #1  

Gooselaker

Tractor
Tea
I have a TEA 1950 Ferguson tractor. I am now having problems at times of it getting stuck in a gear and I have to remove the gear shift lever and adjust the shifter forks by hand . It seems to happen more often when I have the tractor under load. Any suggestions on what could resolve this problem.

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears #2  
is it still under warranty?. maybe ask your dealer what the usual cause is?. I'm thinking either bent shifter forks or worn gears.

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears #3  
Seeing how it is 68 years old I think the warranty period is over. I know we had one that used to do that. The grooves the shifter ball sat in and the ball itself had worn. It would get see stuck in 2 gears especially if you were shifting and let the clutch too fast out under load like pushing into a pile with loader. We learned to be careful and let idle down during shifting. I think we may have built up the ball with a welder too
is it still under warranty?. maybe ask your dealer what the usual cause is?. I'm thinking either bent shifter forks or worn gears.

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears #4  
Seeing how it is 68 years old I think the warranty period is over. I know we had one that used to do that. The grooves the shifter ball sat in and the ball itself had worn. It would get see stuck in 2 gears especially if you were shifting and let the clutch too fast out under load like pushing into a pile with loader. We learned to be careful and let idle down during shifting. I think we may have built up the ball with a welder too
Shame on me. I've read through the history of Ferguson tractors and should have known TEA was the model and 1950 the year of manufacture. I thought it was a new model I'd never heard of, a TEA 1950. Maybe radios1 did too.

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears
The old Fergy is the only thing on the property older than me and my warranty ran out long ago��. I agree parts are just getting worn out, I manage through it and try to treat the old girl gentle. Thanks for the info.

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears #6  

:thumbsup:

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears #7  
WOW 68 years old?. there probably is a lot of wear on that!. if it does use a shifter ball with detents it goes into for each gear, it's probably well worn out by now, and it make the tranny "sticky" and hard to shift..

/ Shifter gets stuck in various gears #8  
I think all Ferguson's had that problem, that is, mine did. Attempted fix was to braze some additional material to the ball. That was good for a good while, but will probably need t be repeated in another 68 years.