Shipping Help

/ Shipping Help #11  
I had a set of 3ph forks shipped from Agri-Supply in North Carolina to central Maine for pennies under $100

Actually Agri Supply probably used their freight purchasing power to ship forks to you and then you paid them? Anyway, Who ever prepared the Bill of Lading on the shipment handled the shipping process. Ken Sweet

/ Shipping Help
I looked today at Vitran and Saia. They seem to operate everywhere in the country except the northeast so that isn't an option, apparently, at least for outbound shipments.

The only one I found reliably was YRC which were astronomical.

I've been focussing on Fedex Ground services for things I can break up and get under 70 Lbs and have inquired with another LTL pooling company for some quotes on the 180 Lb shipment notion.

I've been enjoying everyone's input here so far, thanks.

/ Shipping Help #13  
I looked today at Vitran and Saia. They seem to operate everywhere in the country except the northeast so that isn't an option, apparently, at least for outbound shipments.

The only one I found reliably was YRC which were astronomical.

I've been focussing on Fedex Ground services for things I can break up and get under 70 Lbs and have inquired with another LTL pooling company for some quotes on the 180 Lb shipment notion.

I've been enjoying everyone's input here so far, thanks.

I'll do a shameless plug for my company. Get a quote from us at Land Air. We have terminals in Springfield and Boston.

Just remember through LTL your price will be higher than some listed here, because a lot of shippers do enough volume to get a heavier discount. A lot of the time some shipping is included in the cost of the product so the shipping price doesn't scare you off.