Shop photos

/ Shop photos
Scruffy,
Here are some photos of the Zamboni. It was made in 1967 and is # 852. After 50 years of production they have only made about 6000 units. A new one sells for about $65K. They are built like tanks, and weight about 8500 lbs. when filled with water. (holds 180 gal.) As for carting the tools, its not too bad. After a while you learn what will need to stay in the lower part and what you need up top. There is a set of stairs inside so its not that big of a deal. By the way the top floor is 5-7" thick and weighs 27K lbs.

Bill,
I didn't use the tractor to dig out the basement for the shop as I needed a backhoe for the footer on the backside. So I just hired it out for $300.00

/ Shop photos #13  
Von, without your posting the pics, I would never have known what a Zamboni was, much less what one looked like!
Thanks for the abreviated history and pics! T'iz one wild looking rig!

/ Shop photos #14  
Here is a pic of my shop 30X40(just finished) all metal,on cement slab just one level with my newest project sitting outside (finished except for painting)
35-19765-254av.jpg

/ Shop photos #15  
Here is a closer view of my newest project. I bought it from where I work off the scrap pile for $150 Its a backhoe from Northern Tools That has been sitting unused for 6 years. I rebuilt the hydraulics and replaced the engine. Total investment of $500. It works wonderful (No rocks here)
Already dug the trenches for Electricity, water ect. for the shop.
35-19765-254av.jpg

/ Shop photos #16  
Von,
That's a pretty sweet B8200 sitting there! Looks like the twin to mine /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Shop photos #18  
Well I need to get my photos scanned in, but I am about ready to move out of my 2000 square foot home in town to my shop building on my 24 acres 6 miles out of town.

The shop is 40' by 60' feet and about a third is taken up by conventional framed living quarters. We have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths in about 900 square feet. Even have central air and heat. The entire top of the living quarters is storage. We call it our LARGE closet!!

My biggest excitement is the the rain we have finally received here in Texas. My new tank is about a third full already. My son-in-law already has his 14-week old lab retrieving tennis balls out of the water.

I'll try to post some pics.