Shopbuilt muffler 773G turbo

/ Shopbuilt muffler 773G turbo #1  

60lp

Bronze Member
Tractor
1020 john Deere,300B Deere backhoe,773G turbo Bobcat,LT30 Woodmizer sawmill with 2-cylinder air cooled diesel Engine
I'm in the process of building a muffler for my machine seeing if anyone has done this if so any pros or cons and like to see some pics

/ Shopbuilt muffler 773G turbo #2  
put a drain hole on the muffler , I know the stock muffler come with drain holes because they corrode from moisture sitting in exhausts, I work at a dealer wish I had pics of one for ya

/ Shopbuilt muffler 773G turbo #3  
LOL, I've made a few also.
Small propane bottles, cut in half and filled with steel wool is nice for a small motor.
Had an MG 'B' that wanted new system that I could not afford so I installed 2 glass packed 'red bullets' in a row (like real low $$ ea) and it resulted in the sweetest mild growl that was the envy of lots of friends.
If you dare and have the tools a lot can be accomplished. You just have to be prepared to try again from time to time.

Same goes for air intake filters, J cloth and other micro fiber fabrics make for good filters.
My vacuum cleaner uses J cloth as a filter and does a great job sucking up gyp-rock dust.