Shrapnel in gear case

/ Shrapnel in gear case
Lots of progress, but lots of frustration also. I went from this.....

ForumRunner_20130827_215138.png

ForumRunner_20130827_215154.png

To this......

ForumRunner_20130827_215222.png

Not bad for an afternoon.

Now for the frustrating part. I went to turn the ignition on so I could turn the turn signals on to make sure that I had the harness routed correctly. I turned on the key.....nothing. I turned on the hazard lights and they work fine. So off I go testing fuses etc.

I figured that the ignition switch was safe since I had made a relay for the starter. Wrong!!!!!! Bad ignition switch. Another thing to add to the parts list. Just as soon as I get one thing on a roll......I find another. Grumble grumble..

/ Shrapnel in gear case
Got home later than I wanted to from work, but was still able to get home in time to get everything back together. Started. Moved. Spun the PTO without issue with no load. Need to adjust the levers, top off the oil, torque the right rear wheel.....and she should be done.

ForumRunner_20130828_213847.png

ForumRunner_20130828_213901.png

Have a long day at work over the next two days.....but I'm thinking Saturday it'll get tested with a mower behind it.

/ Shrapnel in gear case #23  
This may seem like a stupid question, but how did you git all of those knobs off?.. Just pull like he!! on them or what?

/ Shrapnel in gear case #24  
Looks like you did a great job! It sure is a good feeling when it all comes back together again, despite the ignition troubles. I bet you could figure you saved a good $100 an hour vs taking it to a dealership. Way to go!

/ Shrapnel in gear case
Thanks! I've been working about 75 hours a week over the past few weeks, so time has been at a premium also. It's mainly just nice to have one less thing stressing me out.

Piston, a little bit of gentle prying and some tugging and they'll make it off.