Shuttle shifter shimmies

/ Shuttle shifter shimmies #1  

T Ford

Tractor
Case Johndeere New Holland Ford
We have a New Holland Td80d and the shuttle shifter is having a hard time going in forward and when it goes in forward as soon as there is no drive pressure it pops out to the neutral position.. if you hold mild hand pressure against it it’ll stay but as soon as you let go pops out .. no problem with reverse.. The story we’re hearing from the young hands our nephews is that it was forced into forward as it rolled backwards down a hill do to brake failure.. Is this a bent shifting fork and if so do we have to split the tractor to fix ?? Thanks in advance for any help …

/ Shuttle shifter shimmies #2  
Welcome to TBN
What type shuttle does your tractor have(synchro or hyd)?

/ Shuttle shifter shimmies
Synchro Sir ..

/ Shuttle shifter shimmies #4  
You may hàve a side access panel or a top access. Last one I took apart had good forks in the transmission. Five broke ones laying in the bottom. I was changing it from hydraulic shuttle to gear shuttle. It was a big tractor with an inline six engine. All worked good. Does yours use mineral oil brake fluid? If it does, buy from somewhere other than new Holland. It will stay in there much better. Easier to afford it too.

/ Shuttle shifter shimmies #5  
My guess is forward synchronizer are worn not allowing full engagement. I once owned a Kubota M4900 with synchro shuttle that got hung in forward. I had to have complete shuttle unit replaced