simplicity regent 14hp 1692354 PTO clutch assbly

/ simplicity regent 14hp 1692354 PTO clutch assbly #11  
I'm still confused why pto clutch releases when when the motor gets shut off and pull the wires. is the polarity reversed somewhere? Interesting.

I think everyone has you confused. If you try and turn the portion of the clutch closest to the engine you will find it will not rotate.

There is a rod I have marked on your second photo which is the device to stabilize the fixed portion of your clutch.

The rod is used because it is long and hence allows some flex as the clutch engages reducing the shock load on the engine.
LENwgjR.jpg

Other tractors have a bolt in the slot on the clutch but that design causes a big more aggressive engagement and some smaller engines might stall.

The inner portion of the clutch will move about 10 degrees in rotation as it engages. The wires need to allow for a bit of movement.

Your first photo shows a open slot in the inner portion of the clutch at the 12 o'clock position. That slot is used on some bigger engines. Notice the rust in the slot indicating it has never been used.

One clutch design is made to work on several different machines.

Dave m7040

/ simplicity regent 14hp 1692354 PTO clutch assbly #12  
I have a Simplicity 14hp. I bought it for $100.00. PTO clutch had the wires ripped out. I wired everything up and stopped there as I noticed nothing was keeping it stationary when engaged.
I watched a u tube video that showed a rod coming down into a slot on the clutch so when it gets engaged it won't spin. I don't see a rod or a way to hold it stationary.
I'm confused!
Does anyone understand what I'm asking? please help if you do.
The mower runs great and is super clean. Just the PTO clutch issue I'm not understanding.
I have the same problem. I do not see any type of post. I have the 14HP Simplicity Regent Hydro.