simplicity....

/ simplicity.... #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
Hi kids...this is gravelman from Hopkinton Ma. i know ride on mowers are not subcompacts but...anyone have a simplicity ride on that is new...cannot put gas in the thing unless you have all day to do it.....not sure what to do. But, im also looking for a John Deere Model A 1950's vintage...in good shape and running. Any help grealy appreciated. thanks

/ simplicity.... #2  
Further explanation of the issue would be handy. What do you mean you can't put gas in unless you have all day? What happens when you try fueling it?

/ simplicity....
Further explanation of the issue would be handy. What do you mean you can't put gas in unless you have all day? What happens when you try fueling it?

my apologies..you are correct.... the tube that goes from the cap down into the tank is too long....does not allow enough room for the gas to freely flow into the tank. I have since talked to a tech at Simplicity and he says the dealer will replace the tank...hmm, when i talked to the dealer they said i was pretty much stuck with the condition....i guess you have to push to get anythng done these days.... and i will thanks for getting back to me..i hope this helps???

/ simplicity.... #4  
Sounds like it isn't venting properly. I'd let them have at their fix first, there may be a redesigned/better part. If their fix doesn't correct the problem, there are a ton of ways to add a filler vent to allow the air to escape as you fill it. But yea, I would press them for a fix first.