Simpson engines

/ Simpson engines #1  

Dave Pic

Tractor
JD 5203
Just how are the Simpson motors? Just bought a 2605H. Have heard both good and bad. Of course, its too late now..., but looking for real world knowledge.

/ Simpson engines #2  
It is essentially a Perkins knock off - you should have very little trouble with it and they are usually good on fuel consumption.

/ Simpson engines
It is essentially a Perkins knock off - you should have very little trouble with it and they are usually good on fuel consumption.
Thanks. So far so good, only 26 hrs, but it does seem a little better on fuel than my JD5203 was, and that was really good

/ Simpson engines #4  
Hey there, I have owned a 2605H (two wheel drive version) since... 2017 with no issues.
200-some hours, I do oil/filter changes annually since I am a low-hour user.
I bought it to work with the 1947 Ferguson 3 bottom plow [ I like draft control ]
When you get an orange light on the dash - purge the water from the fuel filter.
It uses an electronic sensor [vs a glass bowl that you can look at].

/ Simpson engines #5  
Forgot to mention - I use Pat's quick hitch [using the cat 2 -> cat 1 stepdown model since all of my imps are 1]
Fitrite hydraulics top link (Brian knows to ask which version of 'Pat's you are using since the geometery is different across the decades).