IMG_2645.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG_2648.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 405
   / Skid plate mahindra 2816 hst
IMG_2647.JPG

I will cut and then taper the front up and connect to the front bumper of the tractor. I'm thinking I may make hinges to hinge the front of the skid plate up to the bumper. It hangs low, so it lessens the clearance but I never intended to use it much in the woods. I worked in the woods for many years and if there is anyway for a stick to find its way where it shouldn't........ . I'm thinking I may slice the wings and taper them up under the steps just a little. I will then make walls that will bolt on around the front wheel well straight up. I have to clear off some land, and carry 4 foot wood out. I have a set of forks to carry the wood on the back. I'm curious as to what it will carry. The path up is decent so I may try to carry a little on the FEL to balance. Not sure if this is hard on the tractor but I see many folks on here carry hay on the front and the back of the tractor and they didn't break the poor things in half....so..

/ Skid plate mahindra 2816 hst #4  
Nicely done. Adding the weight down low will lower the center of gravity and help make the tractor more stable on hills. I would like to do the same for my JD 3005, as I'm often in brush and on steep ground...

I was concerned with the exposed drive shaft. Though, I don't like the thought of sticks going up through the front wheel well into the side of the engine panels so I thought of making a panel for each side but I don't have the time at the moment, I'd like to get the wood off the land first.

/ Skid plate mahindra 2816 hst #6  
You've got the bottom "covered" nicely. I like your idea of slice & tapering the front edges. Nice job.

I never really calculated it. I wouldn't think it to be much. I'll calculate it out shortly. Its 1/4" plate. But half the plate is cut out for the wheels and such I would imagine. I think the rectangle tubing is 3/16" thickness I believe...maybe 4 or 5 feet long each side with two cross members. Maybe 200 lbs, 250.............I'll find out. I would think its negligible on the tractor

Tractor forks.JPG

In use a few weeks ago.