Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #11  
Have both if finances allow. You will be sorry later if you get rid of your small tractor.

[It's a tracked unit so should be a bit kinder to the yard than a wheeled unit].

Sorry, but this made me laugh. My tracked unit gets me in more trouble with the "Boss" than the tractor ever does.
The problems with the tracked units have been touched on. They are a pain when you lift something and have to crawl out. You are better off lifting with your tractor, if you can, when you need to work on something.
When you add an attachment, some don't give you a lot of room to place your feet or are taller and make you climb over it. There are more points of contention but I will not list them here.

Am I dissatisfied with my ctl, no way! The ctl is my main machine, but the only way I would get rid of my tractor would be to upgrade to a better or a little bigger machine.
Just my two cents, do what "you" want.

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor
OK I bought the Bobcat T140. While its heavier, and has 500lbs more lift capacity, its VERY similar in footprint to the Kubota B7800 I have. Small enough I can haul it and implements on my 10K trailer. I've messed around a bit in the yard, and yes it can/will tear things up if you are not careful. But I think it will be a good addition. Needs some TLC, minor stuff, cosmetically cleaning it up, cleaning up the electrical grounds and a couple relays. It came with a smooth and a tooth bucket, so no wI'm on the hunt for some forks.

I've decided I will keep the B7800 for tractor and mowing tasks since its been so reliable. Thanks to all for their Input!!

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #13  
I initially used a tractor with a 3 pt finish mower. Bought a zero turn maybe five years later to take over the finish mowing; love it. Also used the tractor with a 3 pt snowblower. Decided to buy a tracked skidsteer with a heated cab and front blower; love it.

still have all the equipment.

if you can swing it, get them all. You can always sell stuff later if it turns out you never use it anymore. This stuff holds value quite well.

Edit: just saw your last post; good choice. For the skidsteer, the only way to avoid tearing up the lawn is to make large gentle k point turns.....

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #14  
OK I bought the Bobcat T140. While its heavier, and has 500lbs more lift capacity, its VERY similar in footprint to the Kubota B7800 I have. Small enough I can haul it and implements on my 10K trailer. I've messed around a bit in the yard, and yes it can/will tear things up if you are not careful. But I think it will be a good addition. Needs some TLC, minor stuff, cosmetically cleaning it up, cleaning up the electrical grounds and a couple relays. It came with a smooth and a tooth bucket, so no wI'm on the hunt for some forks.

I've decided I will keep the B7800 for tractor and mowing tasks since its been so reliable. Thanks to all for their Input!!
Good call, and congrats

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #15  
Glad you bought the bobcat. I use a 773 around my place mainly for snow and firewood but it’s a great tool to have on hand you will find it equally as handy if not more than the tractor

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #16  
Glad you bought the bobcat. I use a 773 around my place mainly for snow and firewood but it’s a great tool to have on hand you will find it equally as handy if not more than the tractor
I've been considering a track SS for plowing snow. How is the traction with the track machine? I've heard stories about them acting like a toboggan on slopes.

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #17  
I had tree surgeons do some messed trees around the house after some tornado damage. I took responsibility removing debris cause them some concern at first. They were use to using a Bobcat. I was using M59 with grapple and could keep up with a crew of 5. Go more places with less landscape damage and hauling off faster. Foreman was videoing and sending to his boss. One day saved almost $3,000 in debris removal. They were impressed. Davy’s tree service one of the biggest. Offered a job afterwards. That was only about 5% of the total damage.
I owned a Bobcat for awhile when I did more construction. On my hillside mostly wooded farm and landscape the tractors are king.

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #18  
I've been considering a track SS for plowing snow. How is the traction with the track machine? I've heard stories about them acting like a toboggan on slopes.

it all depends on the track pattern. If they have the larger block style pattern, they will be terrible. The tracks with the straight line treads are much better; zig zag pattern even better. They're all terrible on ice, but manageable (just slow the revs down to get a better grip, similar to tires).

/ Small Skid Steer or Compact Tractor #19  
Move to a place with less lawn to cut. Your wife will thank you. So will your pocketbook.