Smiley Conversations

/ Smiley Conversations
I didn't read this and will probably not look at the thread again. I'm just stating that I don't know why people use them. I don't even try to understand them when I'm reading a post. Usually just skip sentences that have them and try and read post. May just skip post to the next one.

It appears to be a language I don't care to learn.

Haha, it's not for everybody.

/ Smiley Conversations #22  
:laughing: hahaha! Well I don't post very often other than admin, so I thought I'd do just one post for fun. Yes, it was a bit unnecessary, but someone has to use those smileys! That's all I'm saying... :rolleyes: Tee hee, okay, I'll get back to work. I guess ya'll would rather talk about 3-pt. hitches and attachments. :D

My wife refers to this site as "tractor ****." :D

/ Smiley Conversations #23  
Its a big duck! :D

But not a DUKW. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Duck looks like this:

attachment.php

:D

Later,
Dan

Wow, that's something I've never seen. Looks like a working fishing (power) boat cabin grafted onto a sailboat hull. I like it though. Different than the usual. Lots of freeboard for offshore seaway. Looks like it might be short for it's beam? Nice sheer though.

Dan C.

/ Smiley Conversations #24  
I prefer the text version myself. LOL

For example:

:wave, today, I woke up, pet my :scooby-doo, drank some :coffee and had :friedeggs for breakfast. Then, I :reading a little, did a :dance1 to wake myself up and then---:cool, I was ready for the day! :cowgirl

Well, I :heart :cat parrot duck groundhog squirrel bears, so I decided to take a :cool2 out in :earth tree frog leaf violet today. When I did, I saw a :butterfly and a :bunny. There's nothing like the great :earth tree frog leaf violet. And I :scratchchin to myself, today is a great day to work on my :tractor!

Haha, okay, it's a little goofy, I know, but I thought you guys might like it. So tell us a story! :)

/ Smiley Conversations #25  
Wow, that's something I've never seen. Looks like a working fishing (power) boat cabin grafted onto a sailboat hull. I like it though. Different than the usual. Lots of freeboard for offshore seaway. Looks like it might be short for it's beam? Nice sheer though.

Dan C.

The design is based on troller fishing boats from the Pacific NW. The sailing rig is to help fuel burn and speed as well as a get home backup should the engine and/or drive line fail. There are a variety of designs called Diesel Ducks by George Buehler. The boats have been made out of wood, composite, fiberglass, steel and at least one in aluminum. Most are steel hulled. The wood and composite boats have been home built as was the aluminum model. Many of the boats have been across the Pacific, Indian, and Atlantic oceans.

The boat in the photo has about 13-14 foot beam with 51 feet on deck.

Later,
Dan

/ Smiley Conversations #26  
I had to fix the :fencing:because a :deer: broke the top wire. I had to repair it fast because the:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::goat::goat::goat::goat::donkey:s may get out and make my wife :cryingeyesout: then I would feel:guilty::guilty: and get:no::cat: then I would:muttering::duh::mur: and:yawn::zzz: in my work shop. I fixed the :fencing:.

/ Smiley Conversations #27  
I had to fix the :fencing:because a :deer: broke the top wire. I had to repair it fast because the:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::goat::goat::goat::goat::donkey:s may get out and make my wife :cryingeyesout: then I would feel:guilty::guilty: and get:no::cat: then I would:muttering::duh::mur: and:yawn::zzz: in my work shop. I fixed the :fencing:.

Touche!!!

/ Smiley Conversations #28  

Oh, my. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

There was some good ones in there. :D:D:D

Later,
Dan