Snow Attachments Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow

/ Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow #11  
try lining your chute with slick self lubricating plastic. I have an erkstine blower on a cat 277b and it has that. Its seems to work well. :thumbsup:

/ Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow
We got hit with another quick, strong storm two days ago. The temp never got lower than ~25 deg F, so the snow was really heavy and wet. Oh, the joy of spring mud. Anyways, *this* time I made sure to use a liberal amount of silicone spray lube in the chute, impeller, auger, etc. That made a HUGE difference - I'm convinced now.

In one of the posts, someone mentioned some kind of slick plastic - anyone have more info on that stuff?

/ Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow #13  
Well I can relate to the wet snow as I live on the east side of the Sierras here in Reno/Mt Rose HWY area. What has worked for me at times is to let the wet snow freeze over night and get at it early the next morning. If you can. :(

/ Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow #14  
try this. Cut it into a correct width strips and line the back face of the chute. Rivets should hold it in very well. I find that if the chute does not clog nothing else does either.
UHMW Full Sheet | U.S. Plastic Corp.

/ Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow #15  
I used a piece of plastic they use for the hockey rink boards .White plastic very durable and slippery:thumbsup:

/ Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow #16  
We got hit with another quick, strong storm two days ago. The temp never got lower than ~25 deg F, so the snow was really heavy and wet. Oh, the joy of spring mud. Anyways, *this* time I made sure to use a liberal amount of silicone spray lube in the chute, impeller, auger, etc. That made a HUGE difference - I'm convinced now.

In one of the posts, someone mentioned some kind of slick plastic - anyone have more info on that stuff?

A 3/16" or 1/4" thick sheet of UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) attached to the long curved surface of the chute with flat head screws, counter sunk so they're flush. UHMWPE is tough, strong, abrasion-resistant and slippery.

/ Snow Blower Packing Up With Snow #17  

Lee Valley tools sells smaller sheets of this stuff. It is basically what is used around a hockey rink. Very slippery when wet. It comes in different sizes.

Just type in Lee Valley Tools, under item search type in UHMW. You will get 4 results for this. Take you pick of what may work best for you.

BTW-Lee Valley is a mail order catalogue from Canada nad sells high quality woodworking tools.