Snow plow on FEL

/ Snow plow on FEL #42  
Each to their own. Not to belabor this, but the 4060 does 20 mph and there is a definite difference in how the snow rolls off of the blade at a higher speed. I use a direct mount, with a 9 foot commercial blade, which is no different than a truck mount. I have been pushing snow with one type of rig or another since I was 16 (I'm 71) and have never had an issue caused by speed when plowing.
Yes, as said a direct mount not a loader mounted blade.
Try doing speed with a loader mounted blade and you will tear things up even with trip springs.
I'm impressed that you can do 20 mph with 9 ft blade, that is very good for only 40HP.

/ Snow plow on FEL #44  
I just bought a 6 1/2’ plow from Minnesota Implements waiting for the first snow to try it out. It has a float feature, and sets really close to the front of the loader. It’s also got a feature that keeps you from damaging your tractor if you hit something

/ Snow plow on FEL #47  
I'm impressed that you can do 20 mph with 9 ft blade, that is very good for only 40HP.
Believe me it will not do more than 5 to 10 going up hill, but most of the street I do is either straight up or down hill so I can get it rolling going back down. I make one swipe in the middle of the road going uphill and then a pass downhill, turn around and clean up the side I hit going downhill which is fast since I'm not really moving much snow, and make the final pass going downhill on the other side of the street. It's a private gated road so I don't have to worry about going against traffic.

I use high range and very rarely place it in 4wd.

The real key is to not let the storm get ahead of your efforts to clear it. I usually get out every 4 inches or so which actually saves time since I can do the 30' wide street in short order. If I screw up and let it get ahead of me I end up struggling uphill which slows me down considerably.