Snow Attachments snow removal tools advice

/ snow removal tools advice #11  
I use our Power Trac PT425 with a 60" power angle snow plow on the FEL arms. I can pile snow higher than the canopy. :D
PT425SnowBlade.jpg

/ snow removal tools advice #12  
RalphVa said:
I don't know why they don't make a snow blade that would just clip in place of the front end bucket on JDs. They just attach with a couple of U hooks on top and 2 pins at the bottom. A fairly inexpensive front blade could be made to just hook and clip into place. No one offers it. A manual swivel like my Gravely blade had would be fine. Wouldn't need to be hydraulic swivel. It would be easy though to disconnect the bucket dump lines and use those for a hydraulic swivel though.

I happened to run across a blade they claim will mount on a quick attach JD 400 series loader, using their weld-on adapter. I don't know whether it will work with your 410 loader, but it mmight be worth a try if you hven't already talked to them.

Curtis - Tractor Loader Blades

/ snow removal tools advice #13  
Last fall I picked up this used Myers plow for a tad over 100 bucks. I'm now in the process of making it look nicer.

Attachments

• myers.jpg
    myers.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 393
   / snow removal tools advice #14  
I use fel,7 ft rear mounted blower and an old 8ft. truck plow I picked up for $100. I welded on a piece for the top link to hook onto and swivel the plow by hand as needed ,and drop in the pin to hold in place.The advantage of a reg. snow plow over a scraper blade on gravel drives at least is that they will trip if you hit something that won't give way.I leave the fel. on all the time and switch between the blower and plow depending on snow conditions.I use the plow whenever possible as it is the quickest for sure.

/ snow removal tools advice #16  
MossRoad said:
I use our Power Trac PT425 with a 60" power angle snow plow on the FEL arms. I can pile snow higher than the canopy. :D
PT425SnowBlade.jpg

What the heck is a Powertrack??? Is that some kind of build it yourself vehicle??? Looks interesting. Can you buy all the pieces as a kit and put it together yourself?? I thought I saw something like that in the back of a Popular Mechanics magazine in the classified section before, as a set of plans to buy. How do you like it? Looks like it might be fun to move a little bit of snow with.

/ snow removal tools advice #17  
   / snow removal tools advice #18  
NY_Yankees_Fan said:
Hard,

If you click on Moss Road web site PT425 Home Page he has some real cool videos of his PT in action. I wish I knew about the PT before I got my Kubota BX.

See this link for many hours of interesting reading on Power-Trac by TBN members who own them.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/

Here is a link to the mfg web site
Versatile Tractors,Compact Tractors,Trailer Packages,Landscaping,Utility Vehicle Rentals,Mowers-Power Trac

That is one very cool piece of machinery. I really enjoyed the video featuring the destruction of the multi flora rose bush. I have taken out several of those but not that easily.

MossRoad, I hope the Powertrac company is throwing some free merchandise your way. You're doing a lot great advertising for them.

/ snow removal tools advice #19  
Free merchandise?? Harharhahrahrahrhhrhraaaaa! :D

I just do it for fun. I am very enthusiastic about that machine. It is a tinkerer's dream come true. It is a VERY simple machine, really. Just an engine that spins a few pumps, some hydraulic wheel motors and cylinders, some valves to control things and some hoses to hook it all together. The rest is a couple joints that let it articulate AND oscillate in the middle and a pile of plate steel. Simply elegant. It works and is easy to modify if you choose! :)

/ snow removal tools advice #20  
farmerjim said:
was wondering what everyone uses for snow removal? i have been using just fel but it takes forever. i was thinking of a rear blade or a clamp on snow plow for my fel, but they are hard to find. i found 1, sno champ by aiken trailer but its about $850. i think i can get a 3pt sno blower for less than that.just curious as to what everyone's using.
I use a 7½' Fisher PA blade on a QA plate in place of the loader bucket. PA is run by the rear remotes and looong hoses. Out back I usually have the heavy Gannon box blade, as it's pretty good at scraping sleet or ice.
I'm still trying to enjoy this beautiful fall! Though plowing is fun, hunting season is better. With global warming, maybe less snow for the future?
Jim