Solid or liquid filled tires

/ Solid or liquid filled tires #1  

presnewt

Silver Member
Tractor
Steiner 440
Due to thorns, etc I seem to keep a flat tire on my Steiner. I saw a video at Ventrac about liquid filled tires. Anyone used this product or has anyone installed solid tires on their unit. Ventrac warns that solid tires may cause problems to the tractor eventually. Thanks.

/ Solid or liquid filled tires #2  
Due to thorns, etc I seem to keep a flat tire on my Steiner. I saw a video at Ventrac about liquid filled tires. Anyone used this product or has anyone installed solid tires on their unit. Ventrac warns that solid tires may cause problems to the tractor eventually. Thanks.

I think I would look into foam filled tires first. There are places that will do yours.... jim

/ Solid or liquid filled tires #3  
Do they make an airplane tire in your size?
Many farmers use take-off airplane tires as flat-free options,,

Airplane tires are up to 26 ply and therefore are flat-proof,,

There is a guy that has a business selling these tires mounted on rims, to suit many ag applications.

You might have to carve some tread into the tires if you need better traction,,,

/ Solid or liquid filled tires #4  
To my recollection those units use a low pressure tire that will flex and absorb bumps and dips if you foam fill them you will lose a lot of that flexibility and traction.
Liquid filling will not reduce thorn flats and just increase the cost and difficulty of repairs.
Some of the leak stoppers have a good reputation for preventing flats, one that comes to my mind is Gemplers "bullet proof" grade.

/ Solid or liquid filled tires #5  
The liquid presnewt is considering is a flat fix semi-liquid or viscous liquid. The foam tire filler I have witnessed is very heavy and very hard; makes for a rough teeth jarring ride and soon broke the transaxle of the yard tractor that had the wheels. Thorns going through tractor tires, wow! Must be some hellacious thorns!

prs

/ Solid or liquid filled tires #6  
Do you have contact info for the guy with airplane tires for a ventrac?

/ Solid or liquid filled tires #7  
Do they make an airplane tire in your size?
Many farmers use take-off airplane tires as flat-free options,,

Airplane tires are up to 26 ply and therefore are flat-proof,,

There is a guy that has a business selling these tires mounted on rims, to suit many ag applications.

You might have to carve some tread into the tires if you need better traction,,,

Do you think a 26 ply tire is going to flex? do you think you will get traction from a airplane tire , you won't need air they will be 7-8 times stiffer than what you have without any grip. you had better look into soft foam fill ..... or put a can of fix a flat in each tire and park it by your compressor ..... jim