Solid Tires on a 5600?

/ Solid Tires on a 5600? #1  

s2dm

Tractor
Toolcat 5600, Deere 210, Cat 320, Kubota KX080, Kubota KX040, CAT CP433 Compactor, Bobtail dump, cushman truckster
Hey There,

Doing a large earthwork job on my own place and we have a 5600 in addition to a bunch of larger equipment. I find myself in the toolcat constantly, we have enough big rockwork in place that the turning radius and four wheel steer get us into the areas we are working so much easier.

Does anyone run solid tires on theirs, either front or all? And if so, any feedback on how they are and what sizes would work? I basically never operate it at full speed and am always on dirt.

/ Solid Tires on a 5600? #2  
Which tire option do you have now? Are you getting flats or what reason would you want solid tires? Would foam filled work?

/ Solid Tires on a 5600?
Yeah, fair number of flats. We are also moving rocks around and I load it semi heavy often and notice the extra flex from the front tires. I’m open to suggestions. I’d just def sacrifice a bit of ride comfort for less tires maintenance since we don’t run it at speed often.

/ Solid Tires on a 5600? #4  
I wonder if you are not running OEM tires that are not rated for the weight? The standard 27" R4 tires are 8 ply @ 3100+ lbs, The opt 29" R4 tires are 10 ply @ 4400+ lbs, and the turfs are 8 ply @ 2100+ lbs. What tires do you have on it and what ply/rating are they?

/ Solid Tires on a 5600?
I wonder if you are not running OEM tires that are not rated for the weight? The standard 27" R4 tires are 8 ply @ 3100+ lbs, The opt 29" R4 tires are 10 ply @ 4400+ lbs, and the turfs are 8 ply @ 2100+ lbs. What tires do you have on it and what ply/rating are they?
They look to be non OEM. Carlisle TRAC Chief 27x10.5-15, 6 ply, rated at 2600 lbs

They are somewhat worn but still have good tread. I do get it stuck on occasion but not often. I’d welcome suggestions on whether foam filling would be a good option, or other ideas.

/ Solid Tires on a 5600?
image.jpg