Some Beaver S-373D questions

/ Some Beaver S-373D questions #1  

oldyeller

Tractor
Satoh Beaver III S-373-D
The brakes squeal something awful on this tractor.Is this normal for this tractor?Any fixes?Also the lever that controls the up/down motion of the 3 point hitch doesn't automatically return to the centred postion after using it(it has a bungy cord to keep it centred)My father has tapped into the hydraulics and has a cylinder on the front(for a snowplow) that works off of this control as well.Could this be part of the problem?One other problem is the differential lock won't seem to lock the rear end.When you step on it,it just makes a clunking sound and the lever moves up and down a little under your foot(while your moveing)Finally what would this tractor be worth if I was to sell it.It has 700 hrs on the meter and runs great.Everything works good other than what I've mentioned.Sorry for so many questions.

/ Some Beaver S-373D questions #2  
I would say the squeal is normal as long as it is not a metalic scrapping sound. the lift lever has a rod back to the upper 3pt arms,clean lube and ck. for wear. have you checked to be sure the lock is not working?

/ Some Beaver S-373D questions
Yes the rearend is definetly not locking.I got stuck in the snow last year and only one tire was turning.