Some Eye Candy for Soundguy...

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
Thought maybe you'd enjoy seeing this. It's going to be at an auction near Cincinnati, OH Jan. 25.

I've seen a few of the IH Demo's of various colors, but never a Ford. The ad says it's an 871.

Just wondering how much more it would bring, if the paint were original, even if it did look pretty shoddy, before the newer paint job. I know it makes a BIG difference with cars, especially the HP models.

I guess I'm different, but at the tractor shows, an older, somewhat well taken care of tractor, with it's original "work clothe's" will grab my attention first. All of the minor ding's & dents, give them a little character.

Ford Demonstrator model.jpg

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #2  
A new coat of paint makes me afraid it's hiding some wear.

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #3  
A new coat of paint makes me afraid it's hiding some wear.

I have a friend that has been a tractor mechanic in his own shop for over 30 yrs. and he has always warned me about fresh paint on old tractors....I have seen tractors that looked new in his shop and their guts were shot...but they were pretty and the folks that bought them at auction were sick. Beware...

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy...
I'm guessing most potential buyer's here would be getting it for a collector's item. And seeing it has the SOS tranny, and history behind them, and parts availability, being a trailer queen would be the best for the ole' girl.

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #5  
wonder if it's sn range falls in real gold demo territory

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #6  
It's kind of rare when you find one that is still the original gold. After the tranny recall they were suppose to be repainted and restamped. Sure there were some that left the dealership with the original gold but they should have had a top coat repaint. Since there were only 2500/3000 made they are somewhat collectable. If someone were to buy that tractor I would want to see the before photos and would run all the numbers to make sure they are correct for a gold demonstrator before shelling out big bucks. Wear would be hard to tell on this tractor because of the repaint and I''m sure the proofmeter has been changed out but you might be able to tell from the inching and brake pedels which rarely get changed out. And then I would want to drive it to see the operation of the SOS, which you don't usually do in an auction setting.
Here is what my 871 gold demo looks like with out the pretty paint. You can still see a lot of gold underneath. It wasn't being sold as a gold demo, the listing ad of Craigslist said ford 850.
Kirk
gold demo 2.jpggold demo 1.jpg100_2654.jpg

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy...
It'll take a hard core collector/buyer to be there today, if they still have the auction. 1"-3" of snow, 39 mph winds, & right now -6º chill factor. It'd BETTER be what they claim..!! LOL...

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #8  
In that case they might have to slap the jumping cables to that little lawnmower battery in it to get it started. Might also take a little time for the SOS to warm up.
If you are looking for something at an auction you always think nobodys going to show because of the bad weather. It's just the opposit everybody shows up because they think nobody will show. Big stuff usually goes last so you can stay warm and go late and bid when the other people have left because it was too cold.

Kirk

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #9  
In that case they might have to slap the jumping cables to that little lawnmower battery in it to get it started. Might also take a little time for the SOS to warm up.
If you are looking for something at an auction you always think nobodys going to show because of the bad weather. It's just the opposit everybody shows up because they think nobody will show. Big stuff usually goes last so you can stay warm and go late and bid when the other people have left because it was too cold.

Kirk

Yes if the weather is bad no one can work so they all go to an auction i find .

/ Some Eye Candy for Soundguy... #10  
It'll take a hard core collector/buyer to be there today, if they still have the auction. 1"-3" of snow, 39 mph winds, & right now -6º chill factor. It'd BETTER be what they claim..!! LOL...

some of those days are best for buyers.

i have made my best deals on harsh condition days