Some people and their cars

/ Some people and their cars #22  
Kinda in the no gas theme.

Some years ago, my wife had a problem putting gas in the vehicles and had run them out of gas a few times.

So many years ago, my wife ran the Toyota pickup out of gas on the freeway, she coast to the shoulder and the engine sputters and take off again, so she continues on. Engine dies, she coast to the shoulder, the engine sputters back alive, she continues on down the road, it happen twice more and finally is dead dead, parked on the shoulder. She picks up the brick phone and calls, i bring gas, dump it into the truck but it wont start. I'm, what the heck? Back to the gas station filled container and went back to dump into the truck and it started. Like i mentioned before, this wasn't the first time taking gas to the pickup, so after questioning my wife, i got the story above, and could only figure since the shoulder had a significant cant, that the pickup would lean enough for the fuel level would come up on the one side, enough for the fuel pump to pull fuel, then back onto the road, the fuel would pull away from the sump and starve the engine again.