Soon To Be Tractor Owner

/ Soon To Be Tractor Owner #1  

DoctorRags

Recently built a new house on 4 acres and will be needing a tractor to mow and work around the house. Going back and forth between green and orange. Welcome any opinions. Looking at the JD 2305, 2320 versus the B2320, B2620. These were the ones recommended for me by the dealers I visited.

Have already ready hundreds of posts and learned a lot in the last week.

/ Soon To Be Tractor Owner #2  
I also am looking at buying a new tractor with FEL, deals around here are pretty close to each other, however my choice to date is between the Kubota B2620HST and the Mahindra 2516HST, haven't made up my mind yet.

Curt

/ Soon To Be Tractor Owner #3  
I can't say anything about the others, but so far I have not been satisfied with my 2305. I just got it out of the shop for the third time and had to have a lift cylinder replaced, just out of warranty. The front screen keeps getting clogged and overheats; no temp gauge. I mow in the same conditions with my BX2660 without any problems; intake is just above the operator's deck. I really dislike the location and flimsy nature of the joystick.

The seat is also uncomfortable and needs a spacer in the back to adjust for a more comfortable setting.

I accept that I may very well have gotten a lemon as when it works, it works very well. I dislike the left foot brake, but some seem to prefer it.

My deck problems are however not unique to my machine as you will find it mentioned on the John Deere forum. The seat is also addressed and someone has posted a fix for his. The dissatisfaction is not universal as my wife see no problem with the angle, so sit on all of them and find the one you like best. Good luck.

/ Soon To Be Tractor Owner #4  
I just purchased the JD 2520 but looked at the 2305 and 2320 also. I really liked the 2320 and it was a tough choice between the two. I went with the 2520 because of the extra hp and weight.

I would REALLY recommend trying out the ones you are looking at that made a hige diffference in my choice.