Sounds Expensive

/ Sounds Expensive #71  
Soundguy said:
I doub't the 115' heat did much concerning the heat hyd oil can get to under normal use.

I'm also not impressed that the hoses ONLY lasted 7 ys.

If I only got 7ys out of hoses.. my antiques would be a pain inthe but ( and wallet ).

Soundguy

What surprised me was that the lines to the power steering were flexible hose. In that they don't need to bend, I would have expected them to be steel hydro lines. Now I'm wondering how many other hidden hoses could be waiting to stiffen up with age.

/ Sounds Expensive #72  
Sounds like somebody needs a CAT. Reading this convinced me to go with a gear tranny vice hydrostat. Clutch plates seem to be alot less expensive than HST's. For those in the know, just what can you do with a FEL when it comes to breaking ground? I've got an area that has a slight slope to it that I'd like to level by taking dirt from one side and piling and leveling on the other. Can a tractor do this kind of work, or should I hire a 'dozer?

/ Sounds Expensive #73  
Tractors with loaders are good compromise machines.

I'd never undertake commercial land clearing with one.. however i would attempt occasional 'projects' with them.. as long as it wasn't ging to tear up my machine.

There are times when it's cheaper and faster to just hire it done..

Soundguy

/ Sounds Expensive #74  
tillerkiller said:
Critters nibbling on the hoses?

they stop when they hit hi strength steel reinforcement cable.;)
larry

/ Sounds Expensive
Well, while waiting (still) for my tractor to be completed, I checked with tractorsmart and they quoted me a complete HST for $1078, the dealer wants $1300 for the exact same part. Do you guys think that this is a reasonable difference? My first thought is to ask him to match that price.
My second thought is to sell the darned BX after it's fixed and get a MTD from Wal-Mart, throw it away every season, and get a new one.
I would still be ahead at this point.

:mad:

/ Sounds Expensive #76  
dannydan3 said:
Well, while waiting (still) for my tractor to be completed, I checked with tractorsmart and they quoted me a complete HST for $1078, the dealer wants $1300 for the exact same part. Do you guys think that this is a reasonable difference?

Is that the shipped to your door price?