Speaking of moving a Barn

/ Speaking of moving a Barn
We strapped the barn to the trailer with four 10,000# ratchet straps..... Now for the fun......

Attachments

• barn moving 2011 051 (800x533).jpg
    barn moving 2011 051 (800x533).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 146
  • barn moving 2011 052 (800x533).jpg
    barn moving 2011 052 (800x533).jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 174
I wasn't actually ready to relocated the barn and place it where I want it, but had to get it moved so I could get the chert moved and ground turned to plant pumpkins.

We moved the barn to a spot about 200 yards away behind the house and left it on the trailer.

We actually had to take down a fence to get the barn into another pasture.

The next day I got down there where the barn was and loaded the chert onto my 1977 C70 GMC dumptruck (sorry no pictures). I moved 4 loads to the area where I'm going to put the barn.

I'm out of school for spring break next week and if it starts raining long enough (we've gotten 6" in the past 24 hours) I'm going to get two more 16 yard loads of chert to finish building the pad to put the barn on.

Don't worry.... I'll take pictures :thumbsup:

Total cost to move to this point:

Bolts: $50.00
Pizza: $20.00

Total: $210 and 8 hours of time.

Chris

Last edited:
Here is another picture (after the fact) of us preparing to move the barn. I had an 8'x8' lean to on the side of the barn that I put round bales of hay in. I would sit one bale of hay in there (in a ring) for the goats to eat. This way the hay was kept dry and there was little waste.

I moved this "building" up behind my shop to use as a fuel storage building. I now have my 150 diesel tank and 5 gallon cans of gas in there. They are now about 100 feet away from my shop, instead of right against it.

Attachments

• animals 149.jpg
    animals 149.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 134
   / Speaking of moving a Barn #14  
Looks like fun. With my luck I'd end up with a barn tipping over and or falling off the carrier. :D Nice property!!

Looks like fun. With my luck I'd end up with a barn tipping over and or falling off the carrier. :D Nice property!!

We did drive very slowly to the parking spot :thumbsup: .

More than anything I have been worried about the wind blowing the barn and trailer down into the woods behind my house. We had 60 m.p.h. winds the other night with tornado warnings. I got the tractor out of the other barn and parked it in front of the trailer and placed the front end loader on the tongue of the trailer.

I hoped to get chert delivered next week so I could finish the pad to place the building on, but we have gotten 6" of rain here the past two days. I can barely drive my tractor in the pasture, let alone a TriAxle dumptruck :mad:

When stage two of the moving saga begins, I will take and post more photos!

Chris