Spent more money..

/ Spent more money.. #1  

Kevin37

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4710 eHydro; iMatch
After a lot of wavering back and forth, I took the plunge and went ahead with a backhoe for the tractor.

The wife says "Thanks a lot" to all you TBN folks that encouraged my backhoe purchase /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
At least, I think those were the words she used /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Details are in the John Deere section for anyone who wants info!

Kevin

Attachments

• 470375-image0016.jpg
    470375-image0016.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 545
   / Spent more money.. #2  
You're gonna' love it !

Dave....

/ Spent more money.. #3  
You will probably find that you wont use it but 3-4 times a year after you get your main projects done, however, those times a little hoe is worth its weight in gold. Of course you know that approximate value of its weight in gold /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif or at least your wife will tell you so /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Spent more money.. #5  
Kevin you won't be sorry that you got your new BH.

Just be sure to keep that baby lubed as BH's are down in the dirt and require a bit more grease than say a FEL. When I have a full days work for the BH I grease all the fittings on mine in the morning before I start and then again right after lunch. My BH thanks me for it and yours will too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Spent more money.. #6  
Kevin Congrats on the addition... it's a great tool!

Mike thanks for the common sense advice. I've always greased the zerks all at the same time - I never considered that the BH may need it more often.

Take Care All.

/ Spent more money.. #7  
Kevin,

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. You must be so proud. It has your eyes (green)... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, though, you'll find TONS of usage for it. There's nothing like the polishing one can do with a little of the right equipment.

Enjoy!!

-JC

/ Spent more money.. #8  
Man you have one nice setup. When I was in the market for a tractor my wife said I should get an FEL but I said,"To much money." Yes I am that guy with his head held in shame. But now that we are planning on doing some renovation to the farm the FEL and BH for my little Kubota are in my sights. I must regain my dignity!

On a different note...Is that little tent in front of your tractor the place you are sleeping untill your wife forgives you for spending the family fortune? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif