Price Check Spider Remote Control Mowers

/ Spider Remote Control Mowers #1  

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
These are impressive, being gas powered but remotely controlled mowers. Three models 22", 32" and 48" models. Can operate on very steep slopes, etc. I have expended a reasonable effort trying to find the ballpark prices for them to no avail. Obviously they are high as poison or they would not be hiding the prices so carefully. Their website shows a couple of distribution points in the USA. They are worldwide & in business around 13 years. European origin. Regardless, in order for them to have a place in competitive markets they have to reveal prices.

Anyone have the ballpark price of each of the models?

/ Spider Remote Control Mowers #2  
I saw a writeup somewhere a few months ago with a blog style comment claiming the price for the 48” spider was around 40k. I would guess slightly lower though.
I did price another brand (don’t recall brand) that started at 18k, which was way more than I would pay just to do my bank.

/ Spider Remote Control Mowers
Over $800 per cutting inch... They won't sell at those prices. Not sure what is patent able about them (the websites emphasize they own the patents.) Surely the concept of a gasoline powered anything that is remote controlled is not patentable.

/ Spider Remote Control Mowers #4  
Well, they are clearly marketing to government and large commercial... I have no doubt the government will spend our money on them!