Splitting Wood with Split-Fire Wood Splitter

/ Splitting Wood with Split-Fire Wood Splitter #1  

Kubotafan

Veteran Member
Tractor
G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC, JD710A
I have a Split-Fire wood splitter that I use with my LX2610. I had previously used it on a B3030 and L3540 I once had. I would often be splitting word when I had a snowblower on back, and too early to remove it. I made an "A frame" so I could hang it off either my bucket with a center hook or my snow blade with a fabricated hook made from rebar. The hydraulic lines run to the rear remotes, and I only have to unplug two blower hydraulic lines and plug in the splitter to be in business. I can have it hooked up in less than 5 minutes. The blower is off the tractor now and I have a landscape rake on the back, but will try to attach pictures showing my setup. It works well for me.

Attachments

• Split-Fire Wood Splitter with LX2610.jpg
    Split-Fire Wood Splitter with LX2610.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • Split-Fire Wood Spliter and 'A' Frame.jpg
    Split-Fire Wood Spliter and 'A' Frame.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
  • Wood Splitter 'A' Frame.jpg
    Wood Splitter 'A' Frame.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
   / Splitting Wood with Split-Fire Wood Splitter #2  
Nice, makes it easy when you've got a little splitting to do and already something on the 3pt.

I have the same 203 splitter here, it stays on it's own tractor while I'm in the splitting season.

/ Splitting Wood with Split-Fire Wood Splitter #3  
Pretty clever (y)

gg

/ Splitting Wood with Split-Fire Wood Splitter
My first "A Frame" was made out of 2 x 6 with plywood gussets on both sides of the joints. I used it for several years and was happy with the setup so had the metal one welded up. No regrets and it works good.