Spring clearing, a little early

/ Spring clearing, a little early
I actually have cleaned up some cedars that are taller and more tree-like v/c i, too, had the same belief. However, for those that have grown in close proximity to another they have acidified the soil almost too much for anything to grow. I try to clear those out. Im thinking of seeding some sort of combination of bermuda & fescue..

The draft link broke where that u-tab was welded on. You can see the penetration was about 1/4" deep. I was told by the dealer it was a casted steel but not sure of the exact compound/alloy. There are some parts-id # that are printed and raised along one side which i thought also indicated casting...

I went by a machine shop while on my lunch break and he could weld it back, with some gussets by the tab and recommended a plate along the backside for added strength.

The dealer said the arms are strong but a bit weaker than other components (like transmission housing) so they break first.

/ Spring clearing, a little early #13  
There is a machine shop over by the Railroad Tracks at about 4th or 5th street that is (or at least was) pretty good. The repaired a crack in a cast aluminum alloy base for me several years ago. All of the other welders said it couldn't be done.

I think i may know the place...they had repaired a set of aluminum footboards on an ATV of mine in 2003. Ill have to check them out again. Thanks for the reminder. Its great to get on here and visit with people from all over the world and still get great comments from people in your local area too.