Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX

/ Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX #1  

proudestmonkey

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
About a month ago, I bought a standard sized King Kutter Middle Buster (not the XB series). I have one of their standard rear blades, and while it doesn't fit exactly as good as it could, it works, its heavy and it was cheap. So, I figured I could get away with the standard sized plow, rather than ordering one (local dealer didn't have any XB sized plows around).

Unless I just put it on wrong, I can only say it wasn't going to work. When raised, I had maybe, and I mean maybe, 2 inches of ground clearance. I put it on with the blade facing forward (having never owned a plow before and being a city boy, I figured this is the way it had to go). I couldn't swing it around anyway because of the way the frame was made (a long horizontal strip of metal from the top link holes to the frame prevented that possibility).

I planned to use it to dig up the garden area, and also to cut some trenches for outdoor lighting and irrigation.

I will plan to order the XB sized middle buster, which will have the advantage of the replaceable blade for the subsoiler.

Anyone else manage to get the standard middle buster to fit their BX? What was I doing wrong?

/ Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX #3  
If having trouble getting it on the 3ph, you might try this: lift the arms to mid height, loosen the turnbuckles as much as possible. Canter the middle buster frame just slightly and slip only one pin through its lift arm. Then come back and slip the other one in place. Then lift the arms before setting the top link. I set my top link short so that the angle between tooth and ground is closer to perpendicular; it digs in and submarines better that way. I have a combo model and only use the sub-soiler. My adobe is too hard to use the middle buster. I also only have about 2" clearance when full up, but that hasn't been a problem.

/ Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX #4  
I think it is just going to be too big. I have the XB model and it barely clears the ground.

/ Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX #5  
Just an FYI for anyone browsing this thread: The arms on the BX24 lift higher than all previous BX models, so this should be less of a problem on it.

/ Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX #6  
Just an FYI, I recently install Pat's quick hitch system, and I got a few more inches of clearance on my attachments.

Not sure if that would be enough for your middle buster though.

/ Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX #7  
Standard size middle buster works on my BX2200, not much clearance, but it sets close to the tractor so I've not had a problem with it dragging on anything, I also have the Pat's Easy Change.

/ Standard Middle Buster Plow doesn't fit BX #8  
I think I would keep the implement and get a bigger tractor. :D