Start up advice appreciated!

/ Start up advice appreciated! #1  

MapleLeafFarmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
lots including Kubota B's, L's, cat, etc.. over many years
Thinking I might have problem starting and working the woodlot tomorrow.

Not my equipment I mean ME!!!!

1675380323411.png

/ Start up advice appreciated! #2  
Northern Michigan (LP) suppose to be right around 0F tonight and only single digits F tomorrow. Good day to sleep late and have an extra cup of coffee and watch out the window. (Except I have to drive into town, bummer.) Jon

/ Start up advice appreciated! #3  
Sounds like you need to keep it running instead of having to start it up.

/ Start up advice appreciated! #4  
Sounds like you need to keep it running instead of having to start it up.
"He" can't work all night! The equipment isn't what needs to be started in the morning. Jon

/ Start up advice appreciated! #5  
That explains why I saw so many Canadian tagged vehicles heading south today!
David from jax

/ Start up advice appreciated! #6  
Lots of hot coffee, then possibly a shift into a hot chocolate gear, followed by a shift to creeper gear and nap.

/ Start up advice appreciated! #7  
Meh, cup of coffee or tea and you're good to go. Then after a minute or two after the cup freezes you can go back in.

Mid 70's while at GF-AFB, I think it was my second winter there, a big snow storm came through and it got to around -30(?) without the windchill and they kept the base active, as in open for business. We were the only northern tier base available for emergency flights.

My first winter was when I first flew there for my first assignment after tech school. When the pilot announced we were landing at Grand Forks INTERNATIONAL Airport I was expecting this huge "O'Hare" like place and when we landed in a snow storm I couldn't see much. I couldn't figure out why everyone was standing and getting their carry on's as they hadn't even "parked" yet. Then I heard a loud noise at the rear of the plane, the stairs were lowering at the REAR of the plane below the engines.
Should have got the hint at what was to come, had no idea how to get to the AFB so thankfully i had a little cash for the taxi ride. He had his spot light in the ditch the whole way there as the snow was blowing the drifts onto the road and he could only tell where he was because of the ditch.

Born and raised in the PNW so I wasn't a well traveled traveler.