Starter for a Farmtrac DT 300

/ Starter for a Farmtrac DT 300 #1  

druslander

Long, LongAgri, and Farmtrac have all gone out of business. It's my understanding that Montana bought the production facilities and Mahindra bought the inventory. Does any one know if that is correct?

More to the point, my tractor is a 4 cylinder 30 HP 4WD and the engine is a Mitsubishi. The starter is going bad and I need a replacement. Does the starter come from Mitsubishi or from another manufacturer? I contacted a dealer who could still get Farmtrac parts and they want $1200 for a starter!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

/ Starter for a Farmtrac DT 300 #2  
Surely you can find someone to re-build it for you for a reasonable price,1200.00 dollars is robbery, there are 3 alternator starter shops within 20 miles of where I live and they all re-build em right there at their shop, usually within a day or so and no where near 1200$ hope this helps.

/ Starter for a Farmtrac DT 300 #3  
your starter should have a number cast in or around the drive end housing and should begin with the letter "M" followed by a number then the letter "T" and 5 more numbers if you will post this number i can probably supply the starter or if you will post your location i can tell you a rebuilder in you area. some of these units are hard to find ceratin parts for the starter but you can modify others for a good repair job.

mitch becton