starting and 4 wheel drive

/ starting and 4 wheel drive #1  

thefurnitureguy

Tractor
tc29d new holland
Hi I am new to this site,but have 2 issues with my tc29d . I was blading my drive when it started lugging down and finally sputtered an d stopped. It will turn over normally and all the dash lights seem normal, but it wont start. would appreciate any help.all fuses checked out.

/ starting and 4 wheel drive #2  
Check the oil lately?
Change the fuel filter lately?
Fuel in the tank?

Diesels don't sputter and stop without good reason.

/ starting and 4 wheel drive #3  
One of two things; fuel issue or electronic fuel shutoff issue. Most likely the first. Start at the tank outlet fitting and, item by item, work towards the injection pump ensuring that you have an adequate fuel supply. Then bleed the system.

My neighbors tractor did what yours did last week. We started at the fuel filter and worked back to the tank, ensuring said fuel supply. Ended up bypassing the tank-to-filter fuel line with a piece of tubing to get the tractor running again. The replaced that line and are back up and running. Don't know what was wrong with that piece of tubing, wasn't able to check it myself.

/ starting and 4 wheel drive
thanks for replies. oil is good ;fuel in tank and just changed fuel filter.all fuses check ok. it turns over just fine . the plastic fuel bowl has filled again with diesel so i think this indicates fuel pump ok? is there a glow plug like in a truck?how do yoy identify and check the fuel pump relay?i have removed the hood and found relays, but dont know how to test or identify them.