Stationary Engines

/ Stationary Engines #1  

Tul01

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 5115M, 1928 and 1945 hand start John Deere D's,
Hi guys, I'm picking up a parts tractor ('28 JD D) from an older fellow with a 14hp stationary in the shed. He had been told it was very rare, it had been picked up and restored(painted ;) by his father). I offered to try and find some information about it so he can sell it. I joined a stationary engine forum this morning, but I figured if I ask around the more likely to be able to help him. The plate says its from the Manitoba Engine Company in Brandon Manitoba.

Attachments

• 100_3401 copy.JPG
    100_3401 copy.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 100_3404 copy.JPG
    100_3404 copy.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 226
   / Stationary Engines #2  
Nice clutch on it, too bad it's been painted. Does it run? Any pics from the other side? Does it turn over? DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT UNTIL THE VALVES ARE FREE. Rocker arms are very delicate, if you try to turn it with the valves stuck you will regret it.

/ Stationary Engines #3  
Incidently, any pics of the D? Spoked flywheel or solid?

/ Stationary Engines
I will try to grab some more pics of the engine on Thurs when I go out there to pick up my tractor. I didn't take any photos of the D. Not a spoker. Hopefully it will be sitting in dad's shop within the next 48hours.:D. I believe the Manitoba was running when the fella passed 2 years ago, it isn't stuck, it looked complete and the only thing obvious to us was the intake was homemade, so not sure if the original cracked or if someone fashioned a different updraft carb on it. I will try to find a better history on it.

Thanks

Brent