Stock hydraulic couplers

/ Stock hydraulic couplers #21  
Yes. On mine it is the same port that gets tested to 250psi for charge port pressure.

To test the theory at hand though, you'd want to pull the return line.

/ Stock hydraulic couplers #22  
I'm not testing anything... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll leave that to you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Stock hydraulic couplers #23  
I'll pass on that for now. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm waiting to read [can't remember who's right now] results of the 3micron PTO return line test. I do however test my charge&main pump pressures after bleeding since I'm in there anyway.

If I'm adding a filter, I'd really like to get down to 3micron. I know, I know, it still doesn't protect the gear pumps if something gets into or flakes off the tank or lines....but I like the idea knowing it only gets to make 1 trip [especially if it gets the fine stuff too]! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Stock hydraulic couplers #24  
I just missed a deal off Ebay for one of those filter carts that run off AC, has two filters, hoses and quick connects. The idea here is to plug in to your unit when not in use and filter for several hours, or even over night. This will leave you with a clean tank of fluid. They say that most contaminates are introduced into the system through adding new oil, plugging in the PTO, and any crud thrown off by gears and particles of hoses, etc. The hydraulic guys say that you even filter new oil, that it does not meet some cleanliness standards. Here I am thinking that new oil was very clean. Have you ever taken off your oil fill cap on the hydraulic tank and heard that gritty sound? It has to breathe right. They even make oil cap filters that keep out moisture and dirt.

/ Stock hydraulic couplers #25  
That would be me. "OOPS"...I mean "UPS" (you'd think they'd learn how their name should REALLY be spelled...) let me down and didn't deliver the new pressure gauges until Monday, (I expected them by Friday) so I didn't get to do a pressure drop test last weekend.

If I can fit it in this weekend along with augering holes for some more of those 96 Blue Rug junipers (we've got 41 planted so far), I'll report the results.

Gravy

/ Stock hydraulic couplers #26  
Thanks for the update Gravy!

Hope I didn't imply I was actually "waiting" on your results. Sorry to hear your delivery was late, but we'll still be interested in your results whether you get to it this weekend, or the next one, or the next one..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif