Security & Theft Stolen TC40A in Houston, TX area!!!!

/ Stolen TC40A in Houston, TX area!!!! #21  
1028jdn said:
Well the New Holland credit insurance, paid off on my tractor today, actually I went with something called substitution of collateral. They called told me to go and work out a price on the same model of tractor and they would replace it. It actually worked out pretty good, I was able to upgrade to a TC40DA and will pick it up tommorrow. Kudos to Jason Zalud at Landsdowne Moody in South Houston, he helped me alot this is the second tractor in less than six months that I have purchased from him.

Glad to here you made out A-OK !! Reading thru this thread I thought you were TOAST. Was not sure you had insurance or if it would have covered you on a different locale. Post some pics of your new machine.

Vic

/ Stolen TC40A in Houston, TX area!!!! #22  
I know this is an old thread, but I had to put in my 2 cents.
My insurance carrier (Allstate) says the tractor I have sitting on my rural Indiana property, (NH 4060) is covered as personal Property under my home owners insurance, regardless of where it is, in the USA.
There is no power at the location but I have installed hidden game cameras, if anyone gets larcenous......
I am an Engineer also, and I too am amazed at some of the "Nuts and Bolts knowledge you guys have about NH and equipment in general.
Johno Geo

/ Stolen TC40A in Houston, TX area!!!! #23  
Should be a Hangin offense, just like rustling cattle!!!

Sorry to hear it..

/ Stolen TC40A in Houston, TX area!!!! #24  
Off topic but you guys need to read the book on The Johnston Brothers out of PA. They were tractor thiefs/murders. Stole literally thousands of large farm tractors from 1960 to 1978 from numerous states... specialized in John Deere.

If you wanted a certain tractor they would have it for you in 5-7 days. John Deere said at one time they stole more tractors in the north eastern US than all the rest of the country combined.

They would have young boys actually steal the tractors because if they got caught there was minimal punishment. They called them the "Kiddie gang"

Vicious murders also killed many of the kiddie gang to keep them from talking as well as various police officers on their trail. The police were after them for 2 decades but could never pin anything on them plus the fact they killed their accomplises. The police said these brothers were literally geniuses and if were good would be running large fortune 500 companies.

The one dad killed his own son because he was going to testify.
There was a book out about the murders and also a movie made called "At Close Range" with Christopher Walken.