stowing chain on my LS

/ stowing chain on my LS #1  

garry1p

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT240
I had to come up with a decent way to stow chain, this is my solution.
3in thin wall PVC pipe attached to the ROPS.

Chain storage is on the left chainsaw is on the right.
20231225_103913.jpg

backup camera in the center was my first project.

/ stowing chain on my LS #2  
Man Id like a rear camera, but I do mostly field tillage and it would probably be covered with dirt in 5 minutes

/ stowing chain on my LS #4  
Nice, I took a little different route.
I removed the tiny toolbox from the bracket on the right side, and ordered a second bracket for the left side, then installed larger tool boxes. One for tools, and one for chain. Added back 2 magnetic cup holders. Has been working well for me.

I'm surprised how often I use chains, very helpful. I think I have about 40 feet of grade 70 chain in there, 20 each of 1/4 and 5/16 with hooks and a few parts, shackles, etc. The other side box has all the basic hand tools I seem to use out and about.

I tied the rear camera for stump grinding to try to save my neck, hips and back, it just didn't work well for me.

Tractor_Back_122023.jpg

Last edited:
   / stowing chain on my LS #5  
Nice, I took a little different route.
I removed the tiny toolbox from the bracket on the right side, and ordered a second bracket for the left side, then installed larger tool boxes. One for tools, and one for chain. Added back 2 magnetic cup holders. Has been working well for me.

I'm surprised how often I use chains, very helpful. I think I have about 40 feet of grade 70 chain in there, 20 each of 1/4 and 5/16 with hooks and a few parts, shackles, etc.

Tractor_Back_122023.jpg
Hey, I too have he same Ridgid shovel. LOL :love:

My chains are inside the tool box on the back of the ROPS behind the seat. There are plastic bin dividers in there too with plyers, lynch pins, etc.

20230507_134945 - Copy.jpg

/ stowing chain on my LS #6  
I usually carry a 10 foot chain laying on the cab floor, works pretty well for me, on the rare occasion that I need more chain I carry it in the FEL bucket along with a chainsaw or whatever other tools might be needed.

/ stowing chain on my LS #7  
Man Id like a rear camera, but I do mostly field tillage and it would probably be covered with dirt in 5 minutes
I have 3 on my cab M9. One on each side facing out and one in the middle facing directly back and all on one selectable screen and they don't get dirty and if they do, I hose them off. I need the left and right views when I'm mowing hay and the center one when I have the rotary rake on the 3 point. All in color as well and I can run a split screen with all of them or just one if I want to.