Strange sound on BX2350...familiar anyone?

/ Strange sound on BX2350...familiar anyone? #1  

Charliebrn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-2360
When my RPM's are between 2400 and 2800 with the mower deck running, I hear a high pitched whistle. It's not real loud, and I'm having a hard time locating it. It seems to be coming from the deck itself or the mid-PTO area of the transmission. The sound is only there with the mower deck running and it does seem to change with the RPMs.

It's not real loud, and it might be normal. My 2350 is so much quieter than my 2200 was, I might be hearing normal stuff. Really, overall, this tractor is so quiet when mowing I'm amazed. I've regreased all the zircs yet again, paying close attention to the sound but it didnt make any difference at all. It doesn't sound like a belt slipping, but more of a whistle. It doesn't do it at less than 2400 or more than 2800....it's just that I like mowing at that RPM.

Could anyone with the new series go out and try it, paying close attention...like I said, it's not very loud, and I doubt you could even hear it on the older models with the metal beld covers.

Thanks...I appreciate any help you can give me!

/ Strange sound on BX2350...familiar anyone?
When my RPM's are between 2400 and 2800 with the mower deck running, I hear a high pitched whistle. It's not real loud, and I'm having a hard time locating it. It seems to be coming from the deck itself or the mid-PTO area of the transmission. The sound is only there with the mower deck running and it does seem to change with the RPMs.

It's not real loud, and it might be normal. My 2350 is so much quieter than my 2200 was, I might be hearing normal stuff. Really, overall, this tractor is so quiet when mowing I'm amazed. I've regreased all the zircs yet again, paying close attention to the sound but it didnt make any difference at all. It doesn't sound like a belt slipping, but more of a whistle. It doesn't do it at less than 2400 or more than 2800....it's just that I like mowing at that RPM.

Could anyone with the new series go out and try it, paying close attention...like I said, it's not very loud, and I doubt you could even hear it on the older models with the metal beld covers.

Thanks...I appreciate any help you can give me!

/ Strange sound on BX2350...familiar anyone? #3  
I've been able to locate noises by using a piece of water hose as a stethoscope being very careful what I touch it to.

/ Strange sound on BX2350...familiar anyone? #4  
I've been able to locate noises by using a piece of water hose as a stethoscope being very careful what I touch it to.