Stripped splines going into gear box of blower

/ Stripped splines going into gear box of blower #1  

domains

Silver Member
IH65hp Weld or Drill a hole through it with a high grade bolt? Has a safty bolt no clue why the splines would strip, thinking of placing a new bearing on small chain gear and weld it , whats are your thoughts, thanks for input

/ Stripped splines going into gear box of blower
I noticed even if i weld it, the side of the blower has a section I can remove to replace the bearing if needed

/ Stripped splines going into gear box of blower
Welded then drilled a hole and filled it, To line up i used small finnish nails in splines to center it, got it almost perfect not even a 1/16 wabble when spinning

/ Stripped splines going into gear box of blower #4  
Welding can be a viable solution for repairing a stripped spline, especially if the component is made of weldable material and the spline is not severely damaged. However, welding may alter the properties of the metal and affect the overall strength and integrity of the component. It's essential to ensure that the welding process is performed correctly to prevent further damage. scratch geometry dash
Drilling a hole through the stripped spline to accommodate a high-grade bolt can provide a more secure connection if done properly. This approach may require precise drilling and tapping to ensure the bolt fits securely without compromising the structural integrity of the component.
If the bearing on the small chain gear needs replacement, it's essential to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for proper installation. Welding the new bearing onto the gear may be necessary if the original bearing seat is damaged or worn out. Again, it's crucial to ensure that the welding process is performed correctly to maintain the functionality and safety of the gear assembly.