Stump cutter reversal?

/ Stump cutter reversal? #11  

""They told me the correct way to grind down a stump, was to place the blade on the far side of the stump and lower the frame on to the stump for stability, and swing the cutter left and right and backing up slowly. ""

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif How does that work?? You can't see the blade!! Even watching the blade it is hard to keep it from stalling!! How about when you are cutting the roots out below grade?? That wouldn't keep the chips and dirt from flying back at the operator!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Stump cutter reversal? #12  
About all I can tell you, is that it does work, with little throw back.

J.J.

/ Stump cutter reversal? #13  
My stump cutter/trencher is model number 1067. It is driven by a Char-Lynn hyd wheel motor 105-1001. This is a 4.9 cu in motor. The shaft is 1 1/4 tapered shaft. The bld appears to be made onto the tapered hub and secured on by a 1. in nut. the bld has about twenty teeth, and 22 to 24 in dia. There are 1/4 in steel wings welded to the piece that covers the blade on both sides. It also has a rubber shield on the bottom, 1/2 in by 12 in by 6 in to use as a blast shield. Maybe that is why mine works a little better. I would like more power, but it only takes a small internal leak to slow or shut it down. In a tight system, if you load down the hyd motor, the relief valve will start to chatter . This stump cutter is probably from the mid 90.s

J.J.

/ Stump cutter reversal?
J J, could you take a picture? I'm trying to picture that rubber blast shield. Is it like a mud flap behind the tire on a truck? Thanks.

Reg

/ Stump cutter reversal? #15  
Yes, it is like a big fat mudflap.

J.J.