Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24?

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #31  
when I bought mine pre covid the woodland mills was around 2500 and the swing types were 5000-6000 but things may have changed.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #32  
I've already picked up a couple outside jobs, grinding stumps. Charging 10 bucks an inch measured across the base which seems reasonable to me.
10 bucks an inch? Are you going to wear a mask when you collect payment??

SR

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #33  
seems reasonable to me. all depends on the job. Ten 40 inch stumps would be expensive but I doubt he would make any money on one 10 inch stump unless it is at his neighbours.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #34  
seems reasonable to me. all depends on the job. Ten 40 inch stumps would be expensive but I doubt he would make any money on one 10 inch stump unless it is at his neighbours.
On small jobs I charge a mileage fee for getting there, I've never lost money even on small jobs and I don't have to wear a mask when I collect payment. lol

At 5 bucks an inch I'd have no problem making money, let alone 10... But I try to be fair with people, I'm happy just to make a decent living, I'm not trying to get rich off them.

SR

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #35  
On small jobs I charge a mileage fee for getting there, I've never lost money even on small jobs and I don't have to wear a mask when I collect payment. lol

At 5 bucks an inch I'd have no problem making money, let alone 10... But I try to be fair with people, I'm happy just to make a decent living, I'm not trying to get rich off them.

SR
Would you care to share what your mileage fee is?
I quit tilling about 5 years ago, but back then I went the first 3 miles on my dime and after that it was $1 per mile to get there and always rounding to the nearest $5.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #36  
Would you care to share what your mileage fee is?
I quit tilling about 5 years ago, but back then I went the first 3 miles on my dime and after that it was $1 per mile to get there and always rounding to the nearest $5.
When I do custom tilling, for 3 miles I'd drive the tractor there and my time starts when I leave the yard. If I have to haul it, it would be for a bigger field and it's a dollar a mile from here to there.

SR

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #37  
I'm finally setup to trailer my tractor, but have yet to tow it to a job. My plan is a $1.00 per mile one way, which is on the light side. I really just want to discourage work from too far out.

As far as per inch stump rates, after a lot of reading rates are highly dependant on the area. The easiest way to charge for me seems to be a flat hourly rate, in my case $200 per hour with a 1 hour minimum. By the hour I don't get taken advantage of on the large stumps, and the customer doesn't feel robbed on the less than 24" stumps. With my average time on jobs the hourly rate equates to roughly $3 per inch. Also by the hour I don't have to debate stump measurement with the customer.