Tiller sub-compact rear rototiller: forward vs reverse tine direction

/ sub-compact rear rototiller: forward vs reverse tine direction #11  
My 48" 3pt tiller is forward rotating.

My walk behind Troy Bilt is a CRT, Counter Rotating Tines Tiller, one set forward, one set reverse.

Is there such a thing as a counter rotating tine 3 pt tiller?

/ sub-compact rear rototiller: forward vs reverse tine direction
Thanks David for this specific info. The 2380 was what I first looked at and I think quoted to me by the dealer. I'll have to check what tiller he included with the quote. I'm sure it was a forward one though.

thanks for this comment. Leaves, grass, straw, manure have been what I do till in each year, well, not manure each year. Looks like in your picture you have maybe a single bottom plow? I saw a youtube with a Kubota BX trying out a Land Shark plow which piqued my interest as I have an old one from a Sears tractor. I had discs with that tractor two that I've used occasionally, so maybe I can go that route. Just fun to check out these possibilities before the need is more crucial.

thanks for the input. replacing tines is something I want to consider if possible, but figured with this larger tractor and tiller, they probably will be more common place down the road, whereas my Ford, well, that is what started me looking more intently as their tines are no longer available - just waited a few years too long - and could not find any on line that matched the size/shape/bolt holes. I'm thinking forward too right now, especially if reverses are considerably more expensive. Maybe the tines are opposite too, and down the road for the next person, forward may be the way to go. I'll check out the link you shared.

I have a BX 2380 with reverse tiller Land Pride RTR1250. I had the same one on my L3800, but that was a foot wider. In any case, I love my tiller. Does a great job for me. Tractor has plenty of HP to handle and frankly I think my BX could have used my RTR1260 had I just kept it. Would have been heavier, etc, but I do think it could have handled it. Handles the 1250 with no issues. Tills deep and very nice finish.

Anyway, do not buy the landpride RTR0550. The 0550 is terrible. Short tines, not as deep. Shear pins break easily. Spend more time putting in new shear pins than tilling. My brother bought that one with his BX at first and regretted it until the day he took it back to the dealer.

Kioti: with the CS2510, the RTR0550. I didn't even realize the reverse style was quoted. It was the first brand I looked at. Didn't even know at the time there was a reverse style.
Kubota: with the BX2380, the RTA1250
The Kubota dealer gave me a LandPride catalog. Both tillers show a 6 1/2" till depth. Both have 4, C shape tines per flange.

Yanmar: either the 221 or 324, matched me with a Rhino REB60: It uses the L-shaped tines and have 6 per flange and lists a till depth of 7 1/2 "
Massey: not sure I'm considering any more, matched me with a Rhino, SRT-48". I don't have specs on it, but see now it is considered as light duty.

Deere: with 1025R matched me with a 647 tiller. I do not have specs on it yet.
I want to consider King Kutter as many ave praised it and I think they make the tillers for Rural King.

/ sub-compact rear rototiller: forward vs reverse tine direction #16  
Kioti: with the CS2510, the RTR0550. I didn't even realize the reverse style was quoted. It was the first brand I looked at. Didn't even know at the time there was a reverse style.
Kubota: with the BX2380, the RTA1250
The Kubota dealer gave me a LandPride catalog. Both tillers show a 6 1/2" till depth. Both have 4, C shape tines per flange.

Yanmar: either the 221 or 324, matched me with a Rhino REB60: It uses the L-shaped tines and have 6 per flange and lists a till depth of 7 1/2 "
Massey: not sure I'm considering any more, matched me with a Rhino, SRT-48". I don't have specs on it, but see now it is considered as light duty.

Deere: with 1025R matched me with a 647 tiller. I do not have specs on it yet.
I want to consider King Kutter as many ave praised it and I think they make the tillers for Rural King.

Good, then they must have made changes in the last couple years. The tines on the 0550 were 2" shorter previously and it did not have a slip clutch. Do yourself a favor and make sure you get a slip clutch. You won't want to be replacing broken shear pins instead of working.

/ sub-compact rear rototiller: forward vs reverse tine direction #17  
Maybe a used one?
Find a close import used tractor dealer who buys tractors by the container load. Lots of these come with a rototiller on them and gets taken off.
I bought mine for $650.00 (Yanmar) was in great condition and does a amazing job. Very pleased. They come in all widths.
Use it for a year.... if you dont like it sell it for what you paid for it.