Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel #1  

Fordson64

Tractor
1964 Ford Super Dexta
I had to fix my throttle linkage at the injector pump and removed the injector pump without following any procedures. Now the tractor isn't running properly. Any suggestions on how to re-time?

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel #2  
Should have marked the timing and rule of thumb is don't mover the engine at all. The guy down the road did the same thing you did. Took him many tries to get it in time again.

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel #3  
I would suggest obtaining a service manual for your tractor. It should have the procedure for timing the injector pump.

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel #4  
You got air in the fuel system. Need to bleed the fuel system.

mark

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel #5  
Is it possible to post a pic of the pump & side of engine.??

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel
See attached Thx 20190907_124445.jpg20190907_124451.jpg

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel #7  
Theres a timing mark on the pump drive hub..
I've never installed 1 of "those" pumps to an engine, so I cant tell u what your looking for on that part..
BUT I would assume u have to find #1 compression stroke on the engine & then line up the timing line on the pump..??
Did "U" replace the throttle shaft.?? or did u take it to a shop.??
I would remove the side cover on the pump to determine which cylinder they're using for #1..
It "looks like" they might be using that blanking cover as a timing cover.?? {in front of pump}

/ Super Dexta With Perkins 3 cylinder Diesel #8  
I saw one for sale cheap a few weeks ago because the owner had done the same thing. Good luck with it. I'm sure the pump guy can help you out.